Friday, November 20, 2009

Blackboard Critique

As much as I love the way Blackboard makes it possible for teachers and students to communicate more effectively and "go green," it is not very user friendly. I like the way students can post papers, download reading assignments, send email to classmates and participate in discussion threads. However, the administrator (usually the professor) must set up certain privileges in order for these functions to work, and sometimes professors don't bother, or don't know how.

For me, the side bar is confusing. I usually have to click on a few items (Course Documents, Course Information, Assignments, etc.) before I can find what I'm looking for. Professors should be able to label their own side bars, so that the items are more relevant to each individual class, and therefore easier to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment