Monday, December 14, 2009

Safari vs. Firefox, Part II

As I put the finishing touches on my assignments for this course, I consistently notice that Safari gives me fewer problems than Firefox. The same page will look very different in each browser, but always the way I want it to look in Safari.

For example, the screenshots in my Music Concrete assignment look okay in Safari, but they don't have the right dimensions in Firefox. In Firefox, there are extra pixels of height beyond the borders of the image, but in Safari, it's cropped just right. Also in Firefox, the audio files have a white box behind them that looks unprofessional. There's probably a way to fix this, but I'm not sure how.

My boyfriend is a programmer, and he says that one of the biggest headaches of his work is making sure the code he writes looks good in Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, etc. I wonder if sometime in the near future there will be a more universal code that all browsers recognize, down to the small details.

No comments:

Post a Comment